At the foundation of my life lies my aspiration to be the best human being that I can possibly be. Personally, this aspiration consists of a strong foundation based on 8 core beliefs or principles that I utilize as guidelines for the “How” and “Why” I live. Without these guideposts in my life my daily existence lacks meaning and can easily become chaotic and filled with the egoic selfishness that screams for attention within me. To develop and begin to live according to your core beliefs is an essential task of a successful and meaningful life. I will present my core beliefs followed by a brief description below. I urge you do the same regarding your life and begin to use them as guideposts for your daily living.
1. All Human Beings are Equal – Often in our society among many others, human beings are excluded or alienated based on race, socioeconomic status, sex, ethnicity, religion, as well as countless other external characteristics. I believe that a basic principle in this universe is the fact that all members of humanity are equal and should be treated this way with the same respect and dignity as well all expect as human beings. This belief forms the foundation of all my human relationships.
2. Material Possessions Do Not Create Meaning or Purpose in Life– I believe that meaning and purpose is created and discovered within us. Thus, fleeting external sensory pleasures are of course part of life, but not the part that makes life fulfilling.
3.I Live According to My Spirit and Not My Ego– Spirituality is of great importance to me in my personal life. My belief is that the ego creates delusions and false judgments about life, thus we should live aligned with the part within us that knows the Truth.
4. We are Social Beings, thus it is our Nature to Help Each other– I believe that we are responsible as human beings to help each other in any way possible. We are all in the same boat called “Life” and we will be survive and live much more peacefully if we join together in unity rather than exclusivity.
5. Give as Much as I Possibly Can To Others – Through giving we create purpose and meaning in our lives. To give for the benefit of humanity and lend a hand for those in need, without expecting anything in return, is the greatest gift of all.
6. I am Personally Responsible for the path I take in Life– I genuinely believe in personal responsibility concerning the choices we take in life. Its always possible to to choose another path in our lives regardless of our past circumstances.
7. Do Not Allow Society to Dictate My Life– Society often leads individuals astray, directing them towards money, fame, prestige, and ultimately a life overflowing with anxiety and chaos. I believe that within me lies the guidance that I require to live according to the true reality of the world, rather than the faulty delusions of societal thinking.
8. Live My Life Completely in the Moment– The Moment is all that Life Truly Consist of- I genuinely and whole heartedly believe in present centered living. Immersing ourselves and giving all we have to each moment will ensure a fulfillment and peace in our daily life.